What is it?
There are many causes of joint pain in the feet including:
- Osteoarthritis – degeneration of the joint over time, symptoms include joint pain and stiffness.
- Gout – inflammation within joints caused by high uric acid levels.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – an autoimmune disease that causes pain and swelling in joints.
- Ligament sprains – can cause instability at joint.
- Trauma/injury to the joint
- Synovitis – inflammation of the membrane around a joint.
And many more.
What can I do about it?
Your podiatrist will be able to determine the cause of joint pain in your feet and provide an appropriate treatment plan. This may involve mobilising the joint to encourage movement, or temporarily restricting the range of motion of the joint.